Every startup must have a user friendly website. Many entrepreneurs do not think much about the best web hosting plans and packages. What all they do is adequate research on website design templates, captivating themes and user friendly GUI. Then, they focus on content and digital marketing. They get bogged down whenever the websites gets overloaded. To stop such scenarios, entrepreneurs have to tread with caution. Entrepreneurs must resist the temptation to cut corners and pride themselves with various web hosting plans.
Here is ‘How to choose the best hosting service for your startup’s website?’
An account on web hosting plans:
- Individual plans: Individual plans are best suited for first time entrepreneurs. If your startup is new to the industry, you may opt for individual plans. They are completely affordable. More often than not, individual plans provide hosting services for a single domain only. Such individual plans feature relatively lower bandwidth and lower data storage. If you do not anticipate any windfall gains and huge HTTP traffic, individual plans are for you.
- Dedicated servers: Unlike individual plans, dedicated servers offer relatively higher bandwidth and higher data storage. They are costlier than individual plans. Dedicated servers come with a host of features that increase your HTTP traffic. If you are thinking about business expansion, this option is for you. In the case of individual plans, available hosting space is shared among many webmasters. However, in the case of dedicated servers, the available space is dedicated to webmasters. This results in higher bandwidth and higher data storage.
- Reseller hosting: Sometimes, entrepreneurs may maintain more than one website. For instance, if you are into e-commerce business activity, you can maintain one website for catering the requirements of local target audiences and another website for catering the requirements of global target audiences. To host more than a website with a single account, many entrepreneurs accost Reseller hosting service providers. Thus, Reseller hosting is a niche between dedicated servers and individual plans.
- Database: To find the users who have signed into your website, you require a database. If your venture is in ecommerce domain, database is an absolute must have. Depending upon the niche of your venture, choose a web-hosting service. If your startup doesn’t require any database, zero in on to a web hosting service that is cost effective and without any database support.
- Types of Database: Many web hosting service providers support MySQL database. For small business activities, relational databases are preferred. Oracle is also preferred by many technology startups. If you are into cloud and big data applications, MongoDB should be your best bet.
- Customer support: Sometimes, things may go wrong with your website. This may further hamper your digital presence and business progress. To minimize such potential damages, you require a strong customer support team. Look for service providers that promise round the clock support, email access and online chat.
- Script support: Ensure that your web hosting service provider offers built-in support for popular web scripts. Otherwise, you’ll have to run additional programs and install plug-ins.
It will gradually become easier to make better choices once you take the aforementioned factors into considerations. Some of the reliable options available in the market are Bluehost, Dreamhost and Hostgator. Watch out for customer reviews as well. The one which has rave reviews should be your ultimate choice.