Many startups operate on wafer-thin margins. To be precise, many startups perpetually oscillate between profit and loss. To grab the attention of target audiences in a cost-effective way, they have to keep an eagle eye on the investments. In this article, I would like to relook at 5 free marketing ways from a new lens to bring the investments costs to near zero. How can free marketing lead your startup to prosperity, you ask? Well, let me share some expert advice on ‘5 free ways to market your startup’. I am sure the following 5 ways will be fascinating eye-openers:
- Niche social media sites: Social media sites have played a defining role in many successful ventures, instantly setting the stage for huge HTTP traffic. The key marketing strategy here is to find relevant niche social media sites that pertain to your business requirements. Let me present an example to explain this- The year 2015 has witnessed as many as 107 Indian startups entering into hospitality business. Many such hospitality based startup founders often advertise their startups on Tripadvisor.com forum. If your startup is into Photography niche, you may advertise your startup on Photo.net What if a forum doesn’t exist? Simple, overcome the intractable business problem by starting a forum….:)
- Google+ page: Google+ is a great hub for all like-minded individuals. More often than not, you find experts and enthusiasts voicing and presenting their opinions either in the form of an ‘update post’ or in the form of a video. So, if you don’t have a Google+ page for your venture, create a page without any further ado. Follow startups and established businesses that are more or less relevant to your niche. Share informative content and link the page to your website. Remember, do not forget to incorporate the +1(like) feature in your page.
- Bing Webmaster tools: Now that you have leveraged the experimentation with Google+ page, it is time to try your hands at Bing Webmaster tools. Bing Webmaster resembles an expert who is akin to a hammer to which every problem resembles a nail. In short, you can have a view of your incoming links. Bing Webmaster allows you to maintain a clean incoming links profile.
- Tweet, tweet and tweet: I would invite you to read my insightful articles published earlier. You may read them here and here. Tweet, tweet and tweet!
- Blogging: Without a blog, every entreaty falls on deaf ears. If you are new to blogging, then I recommend you to read my articles on blogging and tools relevant to blogging.
Let me sign off for the day with an inspiring quote of Richard Branson- “Your brand name is only as good as your reputation.” Want to earn a great reputation? Keep checking myventure.in regularly…..:)