While it is not possible to exactly predict what’s going to rule the rhetoric and the world of marketing in the year 2016, it is undoubtedly important to understand the critical trends that may find their feet eventually in 2016. Some trends are undeservedly forgotten while a few are undeservedly remembered. This article does its best in bringing to the forefront the most discerning trends that deserve a mention. Thanks to the never dying propensity of proven growth hackers to come up with out-of-the-box growth hacking strategies, the way how brands and businesses communicate with one another will definitely change.
Here is a quick run-down on “Digital marketing trends that will dominate in 2016”
- Ephemeral Marketing: Whenever I talk of ephemeral marketing, I always mention Snapchat. Ephemeral marketing is all about marketing your products through short, crisp and informative messages and videos. In other words, it is all about the communication that is short and straight to-the point. The domination of video ads is slated to be the most promising trend. 2016 is all set to witness the entry of Google’s SERP- Search Engine Results Page. It must be kept in mind that video ads are an integral component of Ephemeral marketing.
- Virtual Reality will be omnipresent: According to Wikipedia, Oculus Rift is a virtual reality head-mounted display headset developed by Oculus VR. It was initially proposed in a Kickstarter campaign, during which Oculus VR (at the time an independent company) raisedUS$2.5 million for the development of the product. The Rift is scheduled for release in the first quarter of 2016, making it one of the first consumer-targeted virtual reality headsets. Oculus has described it as “the first really professional PC-based VR headset”. It has a resolution of 1080×1200 per eye, a 90 Hz refresh rate, and a wide field of view. It has integrated headphones which provide a 3D audio effect. The Rift has rotational and positional tracking. The positional tracking is performed by a USB stationary IR sensor, which normally sits on the user’s desk, allowing for using the Rift while sitting, standing, or walking around the same room. Virtual reality will thus become omnipresent.
- Internet of Things: If you haven’t read our write-up on what exactly IoT is and how exactly it is going to affect the digital world, I cordially invite you to read it here. The frontiers of digital technology are always changing and advancing. Cisco shall be ruling the IOT market with its comprehensive IOT device sets.
- Mobile vs Desktop: The concept of ‘Mobile’ first began as a theory. Yet, what began as a theory is persisting as a style. This so called ‘style’ is now being touted as a trend. Mobile is going to have an edge over its counterpart- desktop. Google recently announced that-in as many as 10 different countries, mobile traffic trounced desktop traffic. M-commerce will nearly account for 55-60% of the total purchases. ‘Mobile-only’ sites may become all prevalent.
- Digital assets: Digital assets are going to make an aggressive foray into the ever changing dynamics of digital world. As far as the global sojourn is concerned, search engine assets such as faring well on reputed search engines such as Google Chrome, Yahoo etc., getting higher HTTP traffic will undoubtedly become matters of greatest importance. Digital marketers tend to focus on social media assets as well. As in 2015, prominent social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter etc. will continue to have cult status. Videos and video ads shall be rocking.
What digital trends have you adopted? Do let me know…And yes! Keep watching this space for another intriguing post (continuation of this one) on ‘Digital marketing trends that will dominate in 2016.’